2023 BEE, YOU AWARDS
"If you work hard and meet your responsibilities, you can get ahead, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or who you love."
- Hon. Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States
The application cycle for the 2023 BEE, YOU Scholarship Awards has closed. We look forward to announcing this year's winners. Missed the deadline to apply? Mark your calendars as we will bee back in 2024 for more!
The BEE, YOU Scholarship Awards distributes (3) $1500.00 scholarships to working high-school seniors or currently enrolled college students. The purpose of these awards is to offer financial support to individuals who are working (part-time or full-time) in order to secure their educational goals and aspirations.
The BEE, YOU Scholarship Awards may be used towards tuition, books, or other college expenses, including housing or transportation. Funds will be distributed directly to the award recipients.
1. Must follow @itsbusybeesva on all social media platforms
2. Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
3. Must be a high school senior (c/o '24) with graduation plans to attend an accredited college, university, or trade school or program (award will be granted upon verification of admittance)
4. Must be a college student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, trade school or program
5. Must be working (part-time or full-time) in conjunction with your educational endeavors. This requirement includes work-study, internships/externships, or other programs that are aligned with your goals.
6. Must exhibit a level of financial need.
Applications will be accepted from August 25, 2023-October 8, 2023. Winners will be selected and notified by October 17, 2023. Questions about the BEE, YOU Scholarship Awards may be forwarded to email@example.com.
HER-STORY BEHIND THE AWARDS
BEAR WITH US.
It's been more than 10 years since Brittany N. Stephenson, graduated a semester early from Baylor University. Before the start of her freshman classes, she moved to Waco, Texas in order to find work and apply to one of the three full time jobs she held while also taking 18 hours a semester!
A full-time student with a few full-time jobs, Brittany understood the importance of working hard on the clock and in the classroom in order to get ahead.
She also knew all too well the cost of a "sad bear" at BU during her time there and remembers the moment she needed just $1500 to start classes.
SPOILER ALERT: The Bear (financial aid indicator) eventually smiled again when she remitted payment but the value of $1500 has never left her memory. She dedicates these awards to her maternal grandfather, Everette "Pop" Stephenson who currently lives in Greenville, Texas.
2023 BEE, YOU AWARD RECIPIENTS
2021 BEE, YOU AWARD RECIPIENTS
Demauri Davis, 2021, Inaugural Recipient
Chelsea Jackson, 2021, Inaugural Recipient
Rainaleen Liwanag, 2021, Inaugural Recipient
PLUS ONE SCHOLAR RECIPIENTS
Kaylin Moss, 2021, Inaugural Recipient
Nyla Smith, 2021, Inaugural Recipient